Tuna Pate Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
- 2 tablespoons (28 g) butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces, or 115 g) mushrooms, drained
- teaspoon orange extract
- 1 tablespoon (1.5 g) Splenda
- 1 package (8 ounces, or 225 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (6 ounces, 170 g) tuna, drained
- 2 tablespoons (7.6 g) fresh parsley
- Grated rind of half an orange
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon pepper
In a small, heavy skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and saute the garlic, onion, and mushrooms until the onion is limp.
Add the orange extract and Splenda and stir well.
Place the cream cheese, tuna, parsley, orange rind, salt, and pepper in a food processor with the S-blade in place.
Pulse to blend.
Add the sauteed mixture and pulse until smooth and well blended.
Spoon into a serving bowl and chill.
Serve with celery sticks, pepper strips, cucumber rounds, and crackers (for the carb-eaters).
At least 6 servings
Each with 3 grams of carbohydrates and 1 gram of fiber, for a total of 2 grams of usable carbs and 11 grams of protein. Analysis does not include vegetable dippers or crackers.