Tuna Puffs Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons
- (20 g) pumpkin seed meal or almond meal
- 2 tablespoons (20 g) rice protein powder
- 1 tablespoon (14 g) butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) half-and-half
- 1 teaspoons lemon juice
- teaspoon chili garlic paste
- 6 ounces (170 g) canned tuna, drained
- 4 scallions, sliced thin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Easy Orange Salsa
Preheat oven to 375F (190C, or gas mark 5) and spray a mini-muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
In a mixing bowl, beat the egg for a minute or so.
Now stir in the pumpkin seed meal, rice protein powder, melted butter, half-and-half, lemon juice, and chili garlic paste.
Add the tuna, breaking it up well as you stir it in.
Stir in the scallions and add salt and pepper to taste.
Spoon into prepared mini-muffin cups and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
When Tuna Puffs are done, place on a platter surrounding a bowl of Easy Orange Salsa.
Each with 3 g protein; 1 g carbohydrate; trace dietary fiber; 1 g usable carb. Analysis includes the Easy Orange Salsa.