Snack Mix Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
- 6 tablespoons (84 g) butter
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups (560 g) raw, shelled sunflower seeds
- 2 cups (560 g) raw, shelled pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup (150 g) almonds
- 1 cup (100 g) pecans
- 1 cup (150 g) walnuts
- 1 cup (150 g) raw cashew pieces
Preheat the oven to 250F (120C, or gas mark ).
In a small pan, melt the butter and stir in the Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, seasoned salt, and onion powder.
In a large bowl, combine the seeds and nuts.
Pour the melted butter mixture over them and mix very well.
Put the mixture in large roasting pan and bake for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
Allow the mixture to cool; store in an airtight container.
Each with 14 grams of carbohydrates and 5 grams of fiber, for a total of 9 grams of usable carbs and 13 grams of protein.