Warm Brie with Sticky Nuts Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Warm Brie with Sticky Nuts which belongs to the Appetizers and Snack recipe category.
- 8-ounce (225 g) wheel of Brie (Don't buy a slice from a bigger wheel.)
- cup (40 g) chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons (45 g) butter
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) polyol
- 1 teaspoon sugar-free imitation honey
- 1 tablespoon (1.5 g) Splenda
- teaspoon blackstrap molasses
- 1 pinch salt
Preheat oven to 350F (180C, or gas mark 4).
Unwrap cheese and place it in a shallow baking dish.
Put it the oven and set your timer for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a saucepan, start sauteing the chopped pecans in the butter?give them about 5 minutes over medium-low heat.
Then stir in the polyol, imitation honey, Splenda, and molasses and keep stirring for 3 or 4 minutes.
When the cheese is just about ready, stir in the salt.
Fetch the Brie out of the oven and place it on a serving plate.
Scoop the nuts?they'll now be sticky and clumping a bit?out of the butter and spread them evenly across the top of the cheese.
Serve by cutting into 4 wedges and eat with a fork.
Each with 13 g protein; 2 g carbohydrate; 1 g dietary fiber; 1 g usable carb. Carb count does not include polyols.