Southwestern Saganaki Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Southwestern Saganaki which belongs to the Appetizers and Snack recipe category.
- pound (115 g) pepper Jack cheese, in a slab
- inch (1.3 cm) thick 1 egg, beaten
- 2 to 3 tablespoons (16 to 24 g) rice protein powder, (10 to 15 g) soy
- powder, or (14 to 21 g) low-carb bake mix
- Olive oil
- 1 shot (1 ounces, or 42 ml) tequila
Dip the slab of cheese in the beaten egg, then in the protein powder, coating it all over.
Heat inch (65 cm) of olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
When the oil is hot, add the cheese.
Fry until golden and crisp on both sides, turning only once.
Remove from the pan and put on a fire-proof plate.
Pour the tequila evenly over the hot cheese, strike a match, and light the tequila on fire.
Squeeze the lime over the flaming cheese, putting out the fire.
Each with 3 grams of carbohydrates, a trace of fiber, and 17 grams of protein.