Ground Beef "Helper" Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Ground Beef "Helper" which belongs to the Beef recipe category.
- 1 pound (455 g) lean ground beef or ground turkey
- cup (75 g) chopped green pepper
- cup (80 g) chopped onion
- cup (60 g) diced celery
- 2 cans (8 ounces [225 g] each) tomato sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed; 1 teaspoon minced garlic; or teaspoon
- garlic powder
- teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups (220 g) shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 box (about 1 ounces, or 50 g) low-carb pasta
- cup (80 ml) water Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the broiler.
In a large, oven-safe skillet, brown the meat with the pepper, onion, and celery.
Drain off the grease.
Add the tomato sauce, garlic, seasoning, 1 cup (110 g) of the cheese, pasta, water, and salt and pepper to taste.
Cover and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
Turn on the broiler to preheat during last the few minutes of cooking time.
Spread the remaining 1 cup (110 g) of cheese over the top and broil until the cheese starts to brown.
Each with 11 grams of carbohydrates and 2 grams of fiber, for a total of 9 grams of usable carbs and 36 grams of protein.