Colombo Meatballs with Jerk Sauce Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Colombo Meatballs with Jerk Sauce which belongs to the Appetizers and Snack recipe category.
- 1 pound (455 g) ground lamb
- 1 egg
- cup (40 g) minced onion
- teaspoon ground coriander
- teaspoon ground turmeric
- teaspoon anise seed, ground
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- teaspoon Splenda
- teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- cup (40 grams) minced onion
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon (6 g) grated ginger root
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) soy sauce
- teaspoon dried thyme
- teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon (1.5 g) Splenda
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- cup (60 ml) low-carb ketchup
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) lime juice
- 1 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
To make the meatballs: In a big mixing bowl, add the lamb, egg, minced onion, coriander, turmeric, anise seed, minced garlic, dry mustard, lemon juice, Splenda, and salt.
Using clean hands, moosh it all together till it's well blended.
Then make 1-inch (2.
5-cm) meatballs, pressing them together firmly.
Heat the oil in a big, heavy skillet over medium heat and brown the meatballs in two batches.
Drop the bay leaf in the bottom of the slow cooker and then put the meatballs on top of it.
To make the sauce: Mix together the minced onion, allspice, ginger, soy sauce, thyme, cinnamon, Splenda, crushed garlic, ketchup, lemon juice, lime juice, and hot pepper sauce.
Pour this sauce evenly over the meatballs.
Cover the slow cooker, set it to low, and let it cook for 3 hours.
Serve hot from the slow cooker.
Remove the bay leaf before serving.
Each with 2 g protein, 1 g carbohydrate, trace dietary fiber, 1 g usable carbs.