Hamburger Chop Suey Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Hamburger Chop Suey which belongs to the Beef recipe category.
- 1 pound (455 g) ground round or other very lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cups (140 g) sliced mushrooms
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- green pepper, diced
- teaspoon minced garlic or 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 cups (100 g) bean sprouts
- cup (80 ml) soy sauce
- teaspoon liquid beef bouillon concentrate
In a wok or large skillet over high heat, start browning the beef in the oil and breaking it up.
When it's about halfway browned, add the onion, mushrooms, celery, green pepper, and garlic.
Continue breaking up the meat while stir-frying the vegetables.
When all the pink is gone from the beef and the vegetables are almost tender-crisp, add the bean sprouts, soy sauce, and beef bouillon concentrate.
Continue stir-frying until the bean sprouts are just barely starting to wilt and then serve.
Each with 8 grams of carbohydrates and 2 grams of fiber, for a total of 6 grams of usable carbs and 24 grams of protein.