Ground Beef Stir-Fry Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Ground Beef Stir-Fry which belongs to the Beef recipe category.
- 1 pound (455 g) ground beef
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) soy sauce, divided
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) dry sherry, divided
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Peanut oil or other bland oil for stir-frying
- cup (60 g) coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 cups (300 g) frozen crosscut green beans, thawed, or 2 cups (500 g)
- frozen broccoli "cuts" thawed
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
Remember the Law of Stir-Frying: Have everything chopped, thawed, sliced, and prepped before you start cooking! In a bowl, combine 1 tablespoon (15 ml) soy sauce, 1 tablespoons (23 ml) sherry, and the garlic.
Add the ground beef and with clean hands mix the flavorings into the meat.
Heat 2 to 3 tablespoons (30 to 45 ml) oil in a wok or large, heavy skillet over high heat.
Put the walnuts in the skillet and fry for a few minutes until crispy.
Drain and put aside.
Using the same oil, stir-fry bite-sized chunks of the ground beef mixture until cooked through.
Lift out the beef and drain.
Pour the oil and fat out of the skillet and put in a few tablespoons (30 ml) of fresh oil.
Heat it up over high heat and then add the green beans, onion, and ginger.
Stir-fry until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
Add the beef back to the pan and stir everything up.
Stir in the remaining soy sauce and sherry and another clove of crushed garlic if you like.
Serve without rice for you and on top of rice for the carb-eaters in the family.
Sprinkle the toasted walnuts on top of each serving and pass the soy sauce at the table for those who like more.
Each with 19 grams of carbohydrates and 6 grams of fiber, for a total of 13 grams of usable carbs and 34 grams of protein.