Massey's Low-Carb Irish Cream Liqueur Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Massey's Low-Carb Irish Cream Liqueur which belongs to the Beverages recipe category.
- 1 cups (300 ml) heavy whipping cream
- 3 egg yolks
- cup (6 g) Splenda
- cup (60 g) erythritol (can be replaced with another cup [6 g] Splenda)
- 1 tablespoon (8 g) DiabetiSweet
- 3 eggs (or equivalent egg substitute, if you prefer not to use raw egg)
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) sugar-free chocolate syrup (like Hershey's syrup;
- Walden Farms makes one and so does Sorbee)
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon (3 g) instant coffee powder (not granular)
- cup (80 ml) water
- 1 cups (320 ml) Irish Whiskey
Whisk the first 5 ingredients together in the order given in a saucepan over low heat.
Stir constantly until thickened and be careful not to overcook.
Cool completely and set aside.
In a blender, blend eggs, chocolate syrup, vanilla, coffee powder, and water until well mixed.
Stir in whipping cream mixture and whiskey (don't blend).
Pour into container with a tight-fitting lid.
Refrigerate up to 3 weeks.
About 20 1-ounce (40 ml) "shots"
Each with 2 g protein; 1 g carbohydrate; 0 g dietary fiber; 1 g usable carb. Carb count does not include the polyol in the syrup.