Firehouse Chili Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Firehouse Chili which belongs to the Beef recipe category.
- half a can of soybeans. You know you'll eat it up, so why
- 2 pounds (910 g) ground chuck
- 1 cups (240 g) chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons (23 g) chili powder
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- cup (60 ml) No-Sugar Ketchup or purchased low-carb
- 2 tablespoons (33 g) tomato paste
- 1 can (14 ounces, or 410 g) diced tomatoes
- 12 ounces (360 ml) light beer
- 1 teaspoon Splenda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 can (15 ounces, or 425 g) black soybeans
In a big, heavy skillet, brown and crumble the beef over medium-high heat.
Drain it and place it in a slow cooker.
Add the remaining ingredients.
Stir everything up.
Cover the slow cooker, set it to low, and let it cook for 8 hours.
This is good with shredded cheese and sour cream.
What chili isn't? But it also stands on its own very well.
Each with 21 g protein, 12 g carbohydrate, 4 g dietary fiber, 8 g usable carbs. Analysis does not include toppings.