Denver Omelet Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Denver Omelet which belongs to the Eggs and Dairy recipe category.
- 1 tablespoon (14 g) butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 ounce (28 g) cheddar cheese, shredded or sliced
- cup (40 g) diced cooked ham
- green pepper, cut in small strips and sauteed
- small onion, sliced and sauteed
Make your omelet according to Easy Omelet Method (page 82), placing the cheese and the sauteed ham and vegetables over half of your omelet when you're ready to add the filling.
Cover, turn the heat to low, and cook until the cheese is melted (3 to 4 minutes).
Follow the directions to finish making the omelet.
7 grams of carbohydrates and 1 gram of fiber, for a total of 6 grams of usable carbs (and you can cut that by using seriously low-carb ham) and 25 grams of protein.