Homestyle Meat Loaf Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Homestyle Meat Loaf which belongs to the Beef recipe category.
- 1 pound (455 g) ground chuck
- 2 tablespoons (15 g) oat bran
- 1 egg
- cup (60 ml) vegetable juice, such as V8
- cup (40 g) minced onion
- cup plus 1 tablespoon (135 g) No-Sugar Ketchup ,
- 3 teaspoons spicy mustard, divided
- teaspoon salt or Vege-Sal
- teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons (4.5 g) Splenda
- teaspoon blackstrap molasses
Preheat the oven to 350F (180C, or gas mark 4).
Plop the ground chuck, oat bran, egg, vegetable juice, onion, 1 tablespoon (15 ml) ketchup, 1 teaspoon spicy mustard, salt, and pepper into a big mixing bowl and use clean hands to smoosh it all together really well.
Pack it into a loaf pan to mold it and then turn it out onto the broiler rack.
Bake for 1 hour.
Twenty minutes before it's done, combine the remaining cup (120 ml) ketchup, the Splenda, blackstrap molasses, and the other 2 teaspoons of mustard.
Brush over the meat loaf to glaze and return to oven to finish baking.
4 to 5 servings
Assuming 5, each will have 19 g protein; 8 g carbohydrate; 1 g dietary fiber; 7 g usable carbs.