Artichoke and Friends Frittata Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Artichoke and Friends Frittata which belongs to the Eggs and Dairy recipe category.
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) olive oil
- pound (115 g) zucchini (about 1 really little zucchini), diced small
- 3 tablespoons (30 g) chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- small green pepper, diced
- small red pepper, diced
- 1 cup (300 g) canned artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup (110 g)
- -inch (6-mm) ham cubes
- cup (15 g) chopped fresh parsley
- 10 eggs
- 1 tablespoon (5 g) oregano
- cup (33.3 g) grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat the broiler.
For this you need an oven-safe skillet?a big cast-iron skillet works great.
Spray the skillet with nonstick cooking spray and put it over medium-high heat.
Add the olive oil and start sauteing the zucchini, onion, garlic, and peppers.
When the vegetables are starting to soften, stir in the artichoke hearts, ham cubes, and fresh parsley.
Let the whole thing continue cooking while you prepare the eggs.
Scramble up the eggs with the oregano and Parmesan.
Arrange everything in the skillet in an even layer and pour in the eggs.
Cover the pan, turn the heat to low, and let the whole thing cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until all but the top is set.
Run the skillet under the broiler for 3 or 4 minutes until it starts to brown a little.
Then cut frittata in wedges to serve.
4 to 5 servings
Assuming 5 servings, each will have 20 g protein; 8 g carbohydrate; 1 g dietary fiber; 7 g usable carbs.