Mexicali Meat Loaf Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Mexicali Meat Loaf which belongs to the Beef recipe category.
- 1 pound (455 g) ground beef
- 1 pound (455 g) mild pork sausage
- 1 cup (80 g) crushed plain pork rinds
- 1 can (4 ounces, or 130 g) diced mild green chilies
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 8 ounces (225 g) Monterey Jack cheese, cut into - to -inch (0.6- to
- 1.3-cm) cubes or shredded
- cup (195 g) salsa (mild, medium, or hot, as desired)
- 1 egg
- 2 or 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt or Vege-Sal
Preheat the oven to 350F (180C, or gas mark 4).
Combine all the ingredients in a really big bowl and then with clean hands knead it all until it's thoroughly blended.
Dump it out on a clean broiler rack and form into a loaf, it'll be a big loaf, about 3 inches (7.
5 cm) thick.
Bake for 1 hours.
Each with 5 grams of carbohydrates and 1 gram of fiber, for a total of 4 grams of usable carbs and 28 grams of protein. Do chop the onion quite fine for your meat loaves. If it's in pieces that are too big, it tends to make the loaf fall apart when you cut it. The Mexicali Meat Loaf may crumble a bit anyway because it's quite