Chili-Glazed Meat Loaf Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Chili-Glazed Meat Loaf which belongs to the Beef recipe category.
- 1 pound (455 g) ground chuck
- cup (30 g) minced green bell pepper
- cup (30 g) shredded carrot
- cup (55 g) minced onion
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) No-Sugar Ketchup
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons (15 g) oat bran
- teaspoon dried oregano
- teaspoon dried basil
- teaspoon salt or Vege-Sal
- teaspoon pepper
- cup (60 ml) No-Sugar Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon (1.5 g) Splenda
- teaspoon blackstrap molasses
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- teaspoon chili garlic paste
Preheat oven to 350F (180C, or gas mark 4).
To make the meat loaf: First, put the pepper, carrot, and onion in a big mixing bowl.
Add the remaining meat loaf ingredients.
Using clean hands, smooth everything together until it's all very well mixed.
Pack it into a loaf pan to mold it and then turn the meat loaf out onto a broiler rack.
Bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
To make the glaze: Combine the glaze ingredients in a small bowl.
About 20 to 30 minutes before baking time is up, take the meat loaf out of the oven and spread the glaze over it.
Return it to the oven until it's done.
4 to 5 servings
Assuming 5, each will have 19 g protein; 8 g carbohydrate; 2 g dietary fiber; 6 g usable carbs.