Quiche Lorraine Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Quiche Lorraine which belongs to the Eggs and Dairy recipe category.
- 1 Pie Crust, unbaked
- 8 ounces (225 g) Gruyere cheese
- 12 slices bacon
- 5 eggs
- cup (120 ml) Carb Countdown dairy beverage
- cup (120 ml) heavy cream, or you can use 1 cup (240 ml) half-and-half
- in place of the Carb Countdown and the cream
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) dry vermouth
- teaspoon salt or Vege-Sal
- teaspoon pepper
Have your crust ready in the pan and standing by.
Preheat oven to 350F (180C, or gas mark 4).
Shred your cheese and cook and drain your bacon?I microwave my bacon, and I find that 1 minute per slice on high is about right, but your microwave may be a little different.
First put the cheese in the pie shell, covering the bottom evenly.
Crumble the bacon evenly over the cheese.
Now whisk together the eggs, Carb Countdown dairy beverage, cream, nutmeg, vermouth, salt, and pepper.
Pour this over the cheese and bacon.
Bake for 45 minutes and then cool.
It's actually traditional to serve Quiche Lorraine at room temperature, but you certainly may warm it if you like.
Each with 32 g protein; 4 g carbohydrate; 1 g dietary fiber; 3 g usable carbs.