Eggs Fu Yong Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Eggs Fu Yong which belongs to the Eggs and Dairy recipe category.
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) soy sauce
- Peanut oil, or other bland oil for frying
- teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 to 3 ounces (50 to 90 g) leftover cooked meat, cut into small
- strips, or canned chunk turkey, chicken, or ham, or canned shrimp or
- 1 cup (75 g) Napa cabbage or green cabbage, finely shredded, or bagged
- Coleslaw mix, or 1 cup (50 g) bean sprouts, or some
- combination of the two
- cup (30 g) mushrooms, canned or fresh, finely chopped
- cup (40 g) onion or scallions, finely minced
- cup (30 g) bamboo shoots, cut into matchstick strips
Beat the eggs with the sherry and the soy sauce.
In a large skillet, heat a few tablespoons of oil over high heat.
Add the ginger, then the meat and remaining ingredients.
Stir-fry until the onion is translucent and the cabbage or bean sprouts are tender-crisp.
Stir the meat and vegetables into the seasoned eggs.
Add another few tablespoons of oil to the skillet and heat.
Ladle about cup (120 ml) of the egg mixture at a time into the skillet and fry on both sides until the egg is set.
You can cook this in a wok if you want to be authentic, but I actually find that a skillet is a lot easier for this recipe.
The carb count will vary a little, but each serving will have close to 6 grams of carbohydrates and 2 grams of fiber, for a total of 4 grams of usable carbs and 26 grams of protein.