Chinese Steamed Fish Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Chinese Steamed Fish which belongs to the Fish and Seafood recipe category.
- 12 ounces (340 g) fish fillets
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- teaspoon minced garlic or 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 or 2 scallions, minced (optional)
Lay the fish fillets on a piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil and turn the edges of the foil up to form a lip.
Mix together the sherry, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and sesame oil.
Fit a rack?a cake-cooling rack works nicely?into a large skillet.
Pour about inch (6 mm) of water in the bottom of the skillet and turn the heat to high.
Place the foil with the fish on it on the rack.
Carefully pour the sherry mixture over the fish.
Cover the pan tightly.
Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until the fish flakes easily.
Serve with minced scallions as a garnish, if desired.
Each with 2 grams of carbohydrates, no fiber, and 31 grams of protein. Each serving has only 195 calories!