Cajun Skillet Shrimp Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Cajun Skillet Shrimp which belongs to the Fish and Seafood recipe category.
- I threw this together when my husband brought a friend home for a quick
- lunch. This takes no more than 10 minutes, and it was a big hit.
- 2 cups (260 g) shelled, deveined shrimp (cooked or uncooked)
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion, sliced
- green pepper
- yellow pepper
- 1 teaspoon Cajun Seasoning
Heat the oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
If your shrimp are uncooked, throw them in now along with the garlic, onion, and peppers and stir-fry them all together until the shrimp are pink all the way through and the vegetables are just tender-crisp.
If you're using cooked shrimp, saute the vegetables first and then add the shrimp and cook just long enough to heat them through.
(I threw mine in still frozen, and they were thawed and hot in just 4 to 5 minutes.
) Sprinkle the Cajun seasoning over everything.
Stir it in and serve.
Each with 11 grams of carbohydrates and 2 grams of fiber, for a total of 9 grams of usable carbs and 28 grams of protein.