Shrimp Alfredo Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Shrimp Alfredo which belongs to the Fish and Seafood recipe category.
- 2 cups (260 g) thawed small, frozen shrimp, cooked, shelled, and deveined
- 2 cups (500 g) frozen broccoli "cuts"
- 3 tablespoons (42 g) butter
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- cup (180 ml) heavy cream
- teaspoon guar or xanthan
- 1 cup (100 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- Steam or microwave the broccoli until tender-crisp.
Melt the butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat and stir in the garlic.
Drain the broccoli and add it to the skillet with the shrimp; stir to coat with garlic butter.
While the shrimp is heating through, put the cream in the blender, turn it to a low speed, and add the guar.
Turn the blender off quickly so you don't make butter.
Pour the cream into the skillet and stir in the Parmesan.
Heat to a simmer and serve.
Each with 11 grams of carbohydrates and 4 grams of fiber, for a total of 7 grams of usable carbs and 30 grams of protein.