Shrimp and Artichoke "Risotto" Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Shrimp and Artichoke "Risotto" which belongs to the Fish and Seafood recipe category.
- pound (225 g) extra small shrimp (61/70 count)
- head cauliflower, shredded
- cup (80 g) chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon (4.5 g) dried basil, or cup (10.6 g) chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt or Vege-Sal
- teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14 ounces, or 400 g) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 teaspoon Creole Seasoning
- cup (120 ml) heavy cream
- cup (75 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 scallions, sliced, including the crisp part of the green shoot
- Guar or xanthan
Put the cauliflower in a microwaveable casserole dish with a lid.
Add a couple of tablespoons (30 ml) of water, cover, and microwave on high for 6 minutes.
While that's happening, throw the onion and garlic in a big, heavy skillet along with the olive oil.
Saute over medium-low heat until the microwave beeps ?you want the onion to be turning translucent.
Okay, cauliflower's done.
Pull it out, drain it, and add it to the onions and garlic.
Stir in the basil, lemon juice, salt or Vege-Sal, pepper, chopped artichoke hearts, Creole Seasoning, shrimp, and cream.
Let the whole thing simmer for a minute or two to blend the flavors.
Stir in the Parmesan and scallions, thicken just until good and creamy with guar or xanthan, and serve.
Each with 22 g protein; 14 g carbohydrate; 2 g dietary fiber; 12 g usable carbs.