Noodleless Shrimp Pad Thai Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Noodleless Shrimp Pad Thai which belongs to the Fish and Seafood recipe category.
- 12 cooked, peeled shrimp
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) Thai fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon (1.5 g) Splenda
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) peanut oil or other bland oil
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 eggs, beaten slightly
- 3 cups (675 g) cooked spaghetti squash, shredded
- 1 cups (75 g) bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons (16 g) dry-roasted peanuts, chopped
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons (8 g) cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
Mix the fish sauce and Splenda and set the mixture aside.
Put the oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat and saute the garlic for a minute.
Add the shrimp and saute for another minute.
Add the fish sauce mixture.
Pour the beaten eggs into the skillet, let them set for 15 to 30 seconds, and then scramble.
Stir in the spaghetti squash and bean sprouts, mixing with the shrimp and egg mixture.
Cook until just heated through.
Place on serving plates.
Top each serving with chopped peanuts, scallions, and cilantro and serve with a wedge of lime on the side.
Each with 19 grams of carbohydrates and 2 grams of fiber, for a total of 17 grams of usable carbs and 13 grams of protein. If this carb count sounds way too high to you, keep in mind that regular Pad Thai usually has over 60 grams of carbohydrates per serving.