Sweet and Spicy Shrimp Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Sweet and Spicy Shrimp which belongs to the Fish and Seafood recipe category.
- 1 pound (455 g) large shrimp, shelled (31/35 count)
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) oil
- teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoons five-spice powder
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon (6 g) grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons (20 g) minced onion
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons (3 g) Splenda
- teaspoon blackstrap molasses
- Salt and pepper
- 2 to 3 lime wedges
In a large, heavy skillet over medium-low, heat the oil and add the cayenne, five-spice powder, garlic, ginger, and onion.
Stir for about 2 minutes or until fragrant, taking care not to let the garlic turn brown.
Stir in the rice vinegar, Splenda, and blackstrap molasses.
Now add the shrimp and stir to coat with the seasonings.
Saute the shrimp, turning frequently, until they're pink all the way through.
Season lightly with salt and pepper, transfer to serving plates, and serve with a lime wedge.
2 to 3 servings
Assuming 2, each will have 38 g protein; 6 g carbohydrate; trace dietary fiber; 5 g usable carbs.