Sweet and Sour Shrimp Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Sweet and Sour Shrimp which belongs to the Fish and Seafood recipe category.
- 1 pounds (680 g) shrimp, shells removed
- 1 cup (220 g) peaches, peeled and cubed (Frozen unsweetened peaches
- work well. Just cut them into smaller chunks, about inch, or
- 1.3 cm.)
- cup (80 g) chopped onion
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- cup (60 g) chopped celery
- cup (120 ml) chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) dark sesame oil
- cup (60 ml) soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) rice vinegar
- cup (60 ml) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon (1.5 g) Splenda
- 6 ounces (170 g) fresh snow pea pods, trimmed
- cup (40 g) slivered almonds, toasted Guar or xanthan
Put the peaches, onion, pepper, celery, broth, sesame oil, soy sauce, vinegar, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, and Splenda in a slow cooker and stir them together.
Cover the slow cooker, set it to low, and let it cook for 4 hours.
(Or you could cook it on high for 2 hours.
) When the time's up, turn the pot up to high while you trim the snow peas and cut them in 1-inch (2.
Stir them in and let it cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
Now stir in the shrimp.
If they're uncooked, give them 10 minutes or until they're pink through.
If they're cooked already, just give them 5 minutes or so to get hot through.
You can serve this over rice for the carb-eaters in the family, of course.
If you like, you can have yours on Cauliflower Rice (page 212), but this dish is high-carb enough already that I'd probably eat it plain.
Each with 27 g protein, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g dietary fiber, 10 g usable carbs.