Sweet and Sour Pork Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Sweet and Sour Pork which belongs to the Pork and Lamb recipe category.
- 12 ounces (340 g) boneless pork loin, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) rice or cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoons (2 g) Splenda
- 3 tablespoons (35 g) canned, crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- teaspoon blackstrap molasses
- teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) oil
- medium green pepper, cut into squares
- medium onion, sliced
- Guar or xanthan
Mix together the vinegar, Splenda, pineapple, soy sauce, molasses, and garlic and set it by the stove.
Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet over highest heat.
Add the pork and stir-fry until it's half-done.
Add the peppers and onions and keep stir-frying.
When all the pink is gone from the pork, add the vinegar mixture and stir.
Let the whole thing simmer for a couple of minutes, stirring once or twice, until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
Thicken the pan juices just a touch with guar or xanthan and serve.
2 or 3 servings
Assuming 2 servings, each will have 11 grams of carbohydrates and 1 gram of fiber, for a total of 10 grams of usable carbs and 36 grams of protein. Each serving also packs 782 mg of potassium!