Basil Beef Stir-Fry Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Basil Beef Stir-Fry which belongs to the Beef recipe category.
- 1 pound (455 g) boneless chuck
- cup (120 ml) peanut oil or other bland oil
- 6 scallions, including the crisp part of the green, cut into 1-inch
- (2.5-cm) lengths
- 2 teaspoons dried basil or 2 tablespoons (5.4 g) chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) soy sauce
- teaspoon Splenda
Thinly slice the beef across the grain.
Put the oil in a wok or heavy skillet over high heat.
When it's hot, add the beef and stir-fry for a minute or two.
Add the scallions and stir-fry for another 3 to 4 minutes or until all the pink is gone from the beef.
Add the basil, soy sauce, Splenda, and pepper to taste and toss with the beef, cooking just another minute or so.
Each with 3 grams of carbohydrates and 1 gram of fiber, for a total of 2 grams of usable carbs and 25 grams of protein.