Pineapple Glazed Pork Loin Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Pineapple Glazed Pork Loin which belongs to the Pork and Lamb recipe category.
- pound (340 g) boneless pork loin, cut about inch (1.3 cm) thick
- 1 to 2 tablespoons (15 to 30 ml) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (25 g) canned, crushed pineapple in juice
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Splenda
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown or Dijon mustard
- teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic or 2 cloves garlic, crushed
First, pound the pork until it's about inch (6 mm) thick.
Heat the oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat and saute the pork, covering it with a tilted lid.
Cook it 4 to 5 minutes per side.
While the pork's browning, combine the pineapple, vinegar, Splenda, mustard, soy sauce, and garlic.
When the pork is browned on both sides, add this mixture to the skillet.
Turn the pork over once or twice to coat.
Put the tilted lid back on the pan and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, turn, re-cover the pan, and give it another 1 to 2 minutes.
Remove to serving plates and scrape any remaining liquid from the pan over the pork before serving.
Each with 4 grams of carbohydrates, a trace of fiber, and 22 grams of protein. Feel free to use thin pork chops, instead.