Orange Pork Loin Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Orange Pork Loin which belongs to the Pork and Lamb recipe category.
- 2 pounds (910 g) pork loin
- 1 pound (455 g) pumpkin, peeled and cut into -inch (1.3 cm) cubes
- 1 pound (455 g) rutabaga, cut into -inch (1.3 cm) cubes
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (40 g) low-sugar marmalade or orange preserves
- teaspoon orange extract
- 2 teaspoons Splenda
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- teaspoon salt
- cup (120 ml) chicken broth
- Guar or xanthan
Put the pumpkin and rutabaga in the bottom of a slow cooker.
In a big, heavy skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat and brown the pork all over.
Put the pork in the slow cooker on top of the pumpkin and rutabaga.
In a bowl, stir together the marmalade, orange extract, Splenda, garlic, salt, and broth.
Pour the mixture over the pork.
Cover the slow cooker, set it to low, and let it cook for 8 hours.
When the time's up, carefully remove the pork to a platter and use a slotted spoon to pile the vegetables around it.
Use guar or xanthan to thicken the liquid in the pot to the consistency of heavy cream.
Serve the liquid with the pork and vegetables.
Each with 34 g protein, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g dietary fiber, 11 g usable carbs.