Pork Roast with Apricot Sauce Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Pork Roast with Apricot Sauce which belongs to the Pork and Lamb recipe category.
- 2 pounds (1.1 kg) boneless pork loin
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- cup (55 g) chopped onion
- cup (180 ml) chicken broth
- cup (80 g) low-sugar apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon (1.5 g) Splenda
- Guar or xanthan
In a big, heavy skillet, sear the pork all over in the oil.
Transfer the pork to a slow cooker.
Scatter the onion around it.
In a bowl, mix together the broth, preserves, vinegar, lemon juice, and Splenda.
Pour the mixture over the pork.
Cover the slow cooker, set it to low, and let it cook for 7 hours.
When the time's up, remove the pork and put it on a serving platter.
Season the juices with salt and pepper to taste.
Thicken the juices with guar or xanthan.
Ladle the juices into a sauce boat to serve.
Each with 40 g protein, 5 g carbohydrate, trace dietary fiber, 5 g usable carbs.