Pork with Cabbage Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Pork with Cabbage which belongs to the Pork and Lamb recipe category.
- 4 pounds (1.8 kg) boneless pork shoulder roast, trimmed of fat
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 carrots, cut into 1-inch (2.5-cm) pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 stalks celery, cut -inch (1.3-cm) thick
- 1 envelope (1 ounce, or 28 g) onion soup mix
- 1 cups (360 ml) water
- 1 pounds (680 g) cabbage, coarsely
- Guar or xanthan
In a big, heavy skillet, start browning the pork in the oil.
Place the carrots, garlic, and celery in a slow cooker.
Add the soup mix and water.
When the pork is brown all over, put it on top of the vegetables in the slow cooker.
Cover the slow cooker, set it to low, and let it cook for 7 hours.
When the time's up, stir in the cabbage, pushing it down into the liquid.
Re-cover the slow cooker and let it cook for another 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Remove the pork and put it on a platter.
Use a slotted spoon to pile the vegetables around the pork.
Thicken the liquid in the slow cooker with guar or xanthan.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Pour the liquid into a sauce boat and serve with the pork and vegetables.
Each with 31 g protein, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g dietary fiber, 7 g usable carbs.