Pork Stew Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Pork Stew which belongs to the Pork and Lamb recipe category.
- 2 pounds (1.8 kg) boneless pork loin, cut in 1-inch (2.5-cm) cubes
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon (14 g) butter
- 1 medium onion, sliced -inch (6 mm) thick
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup (130 g) sliced carrot
- 8 ounces (225 g) sliced mushrooms
- 2 cans (14-ounce, or 400 ml) chicken broth
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- teaspoon pepper
- Guar or xanthan
Heat the olive oil and the butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
Add the onion and garlic and saute for a few minutes.
Add the carrot and the next 6 ingredients (through pepper) and stir to combine.
Cover, turn the heat to low, and let the whole thing simmer for 90 minutes to 2 hours.
Thicken the gravy with guar or xanthan and serve.
Each with 30 g protein; 7 g carbohydrate; 1 g dietary fiber; 6 g usable carbs.