Pork and "Apple" Stew Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Pork and "Apple" Stew which belongs to the Pork and Lamb recipe category.
- 2 pounds (910 g) pork loin, cut into 1-inch (2.5-cm) cubes
- 2 medium turnips, cubed
- 2 medium carrots, cut inch (1.3 cm) thick
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- cup (60 g) sliced celery
- 1 cup (240 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons (4.5 g) Splenda
- 1 cup (240 ml) chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon concentrate
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- teaspoon pepper
Combine the pork, turnips, carrots, onion, and celery in a slow cooker.
In a bowl, stir together the vinegar, Splenda, broth, and bouillon.
Pour the mixture over the pork and vegetables.
Add the caraway seeds and pepper and stir everything.
Cover the slow cooker, set it to low, and let it cook for 8 hours.
Each with 34 g protein, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g dietary fiber, 8 g usable carbs.