Cocido de Puerco Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Cocido de Puerco which belongs to the Pork and Lamb recipe category.
- 3 pounds (1.4 kg) bony cuts of pork (Meaty pork neck bones are ideal.)
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into chunks
- 1 can (14 ounces, or 410 g) diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
In a heavy skillet over medium-high heat, sear the pork bones in the oil until they're brown all over.
Turn the heat to low and add the garlic, onion, pepper, zucchini, tomatoes, cumin, oregano, and pepper flakes.
Cover the skillet and let it simmer for 1 hour.
About 6 servings, depending on how meaty your bones are
Each with 13 grams of carbohydrates and 4 grams of fiber, for a total of 9 grams of usable carbs and about 35 grams of protein.