Pork Chili Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Pork Chili which belongs to the Pork and Lamb recipe category.
- 1 pounds (680 g) boneless pork loin, cut in -inch (1.3-cm) cubes
- cup (120 g) chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup (240 ml) chicken broth
- cup (60 g) picante sauce
- 3 chipotle chiles canned in adobo, minced
- 2 teaspoons Adobo Sauce from the chili can
- cup (60 g) pumpkin seed meal (Grind raw shelled pumpkin seeds in a
- food processor.)
- Salt to taste
In a big heavy skillet or Dutch oven, saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil until the onions are translucent.
Add everything else except the ground pumpkin seeds and the salt, turn the heat to low, cover the pan, and let the whole thing simmer for 45 minutes to an hour.
Now stir in the pumpkin seed meal and let it simmer another 10 to 15 minutes.
Season with salt to taste and serve.
3 to 4 servings
Assuming 4, each will have 34 g protein; 11 g carbohydrate; 3 g dietary fiber; 8 g usable