Apple Cheddar Pork Burgers Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Apple Cheddar Pork Burgers which belongs to the Pork and Lamb recipe category.
- 1 pound (455 g) boneless pork loin, cut into 1-inch (4 cm) cubes
- Granny Smith or other crisp, tart apple, cut into a few chunks (no
- need to peel it)
- medium onion, peeled and cut into a couple of chunks
- 2 tablespoons (13 g) oat bran
- 1 egg
- teaspoon salt or Vege-Sal
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 ounces (56 g) cheddar cheese, shredded
Preheat an electric tabletop grill.
Put the apple, onion, pork, oat bran, egg, salt, and horseradish in a food processor and pulse until the meat is ground and everything is well blended.
Add the cheese and pulse just long enough to blend it in?you're trying to keep some actual shreds of cheese in the mixture.
Form into 4 burgers and slap them on the grill.
Cook for 7 minutes or until the juices run clear.
Each with 5 grams of carbohydrates and 1 gram of fiber, for a total of 4 grams of usable carbs and 25 grams of protein.