Luau Burgers Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Luau Burgers which belongs to the Pork and Lamb recipe category.
- 1 pound (455 g) boneless pork loin
- medium onion, cut into chunks
- green pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoons grated ginger
- teaspoon minced garlic or 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) soy sauce
- 1 egg
- cup (20 g) crushed pork rinds, plain or barbeque flavor
- teaspoon pepper
- teaspoon salt
- cup (50 g) canned crushed pineapple in unsweetened juice
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) tomato sauce
- teaspoon blackstrap molasses
- teaspoon Splenda
- teaspoon spicy brown mustard
Preheat an electric tabletop grill.
Place the pork, onion, pepper, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, egg, pork rinds, pepper, and salt in a food processor with the S-blade in place.
(You'll need a full-size food processor; this overwhelmed my little one!) Pulse until the meat is finely ground.
Add the pineapple and pulse to mix.
Form into 5 burgers?the mixture will be quite soft?and slap them on the grill.
Set a timer for 6 minutes.
While the burgers are cooking, mix together the tomato sauce, molasses, Splenda, and mustard.
When the 6 minutes are up, open the grill, spread the tomato sauce mixture evenly over the burgers and then close the grill and cook for 1 more minute.
Each with 5 grams of carbohydrates and 1 gram of fiber, for a total of 4 grams of usable carbs and 22 grams of protein. These are low-calorie, too! They have just 178 calories per serving.