Oven Barbecued Ribs Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Oven Barbecued Ribs which belongs to the Pork and Lamb recipe category.
- 3 pounds (1.4 kg) pork spareribs (about a half a slab)
- 1 tablespoon (6.9 g) paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt or Vege-Sal
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 bay leaf
- teaspoon chili powder
- teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- cup (60 ml) cider vinegar
- cup (80 ml) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) No-Sugar Ketchup
- cup (120 ml) water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons (20 g) minced onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- teaspoon blackstrap molasses
In a large, nonreactive saucepan combine everything but the ribs.
Stir together, bring to a boil, turn down to a simmer, and let it cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 450F (230C, or gas mark 8).
While the sauce is cooking, I like to cut in between the ribs about halfway up, but that's optional?it just gives more surface for the sauce to coat! Place the ribs on a broiler pan.
Pour some sauce into a small bowl and paint the ribs thoroughly with the rest of the sauce.
Let them roast for 30 minutes.
Now turn the oven down to 350F (180C, or gas mark 4).
Baste the ribs with fresh sauce using a clean utensil, turn them over, and baste the other side.
Continue roasting the ribs for 90 minutes, basting every 20 to 30 minutes, and turning them over when you do.
Serve with plenty of napkins!
3 to 4 servings
Assuming 4, each will have 37 g protein; 8 g carbohydrate; 1 g dietary fiber; 7 g usable carbs?and that's if you use up all the sauce.