Key West Ribs Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Key West Ribs which belongs to the Pork and Lamb recipe category.
- 3 pounds (1.4 kg) country-style pork ribs
- cup (40 g) finely chopped onion
- cup (60 ml) low-carb barbecue sauce (from Chapter 13 or purchased)
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) lime juice
- 1 tablespoons (2 g) Splenda
- teaspoon orange extract
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
In a big, heavy skillet, brown the ribs over medium-high heat.
Transfer them to a slow cooker.
In a bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients.
Pour the mixture over the ribs.
Cover the slow cooker, set it to low, and let it cook for 7 to 9 hours.
Serve the ribs together with the sauce.
Each with 26 g protein, 3 g carbohydrate, trace dietary fiber, 3 g usable carbs.