Ham and Beans Skillet Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Ham and Beans Skillet which belongs to the Pork and Lamb recipe category.
- 6 ounces (170 g) cooked ham, cut into -inch (1.3-cm) cubes
- 1 tablespoon (28 g or 30 ml) butter or oil
- 2 cups (300 g) frozen cross-cut green beans
- 1 tablespoon (13 g) canned, crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) low-carbohydrate barbecue sauce
- teaspoon grated ginger
- teaspoon spicy brown mustard
Start to saute the ham in the butter or oil over medium heat?you're just browning it a little.
While that's happening, put the beans in a microwaveable casserole dish, add a couple of tablespoons (30 ml) of water, cover, and microwave on high for 7 minutes.
When the microwave goes "ding" check that the beans are done; if they're not, stir them and give them another 2 to 3 minutes.
When they're just tender, drain them and add them to the browned ham cubes in the skillet.
Add the pineapple, barbecue sauce, ginger, and mustard and stir well.
Let it cook for just a minute to blend the flavors and then serve.
Each with 13 grams of carbohydrates and 4 grams of fiber, for a total of 9 grams of usable carbs and 19 grams of protein.