Greek Meatza Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Greek Meatza which belongs to the Pork and Lamb recipe category.
- 2 pounds (910 g) ground lamb
- medium onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- cup (120 ml) pizza sauce (Ragu makes one with no sugar, but read the
- 10 ounces (280 g) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and very well-drained
- cup (35 g) sliced black olives
- cup (120 ml) canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups (240 g) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (150 g) crumbled feta cheese
Preheat oven to 350F (180C, or gas mark 4).
Plunk the first five ingredients in a large mixing bowl and use clean hands to moosh everything together really well.
Pat out into an even layer in a 9 x 13- inch (23 x 33-cm) pan and bake for 20 minutes.
Pour off the grease.
Spread the pizza sauce over the meat layer.
Spread the spinach evenly over the sauce and then top that with the olives and tomatoes.
Spread the two cheeses over that.
Turn the broiler to low and broil about 4 inches (10 cm) from the heat for about 6 to 8 minutes or until browned and bubbly.
Each with 30 g protein; 7 g carbohydrate; 2 g dietary fiber; 5 g usable carbs.