Balsamic Lamb Skillet Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Balsamic Lamb Skillet which belongs to the Pork and Lamb recipe category.
- 1 pound (455 g) lamb leg or shoulder, thinly sliced and cut into strips
- teaspoon minced garlic or 1 clove garlic, crushed
- medium onion, sliced
- cup (60 ml) olive oil
- red bell pepper, sliced into small strips 1-pound (455-g) bag
- triple-washed fresh spinach
- cup (60 ml) balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Guar or xanthan
- 4 tablespoons (35 g) toasted pine nuts
Over high heat, start sauteing the lamb, garlic, and onion in the olive oil.
When the pinkness has faded from the lamb, add the red bell pepper.
When the lamb is cooked through and the onion is limp, add the spinach.
You may have to add it in two or three batches to keep it from overwhelming your skillet, but it wilts quite quickly.
Stir until the spinach is just barely limp.
Don't overcook! Stir in the balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper to taste (I like plenty of pepper in this) and thicken the pan juices with a sprinkle of guar or xanthan, if desired.
Top each serving with a tablespoon (9 g) of toasted pine nuts and serve.
Each with 9 grams of carbohydrates and 4 grams of fiber, for a total of 5 grams of usable carbs and 20 grams of protein.