Caribbean Slow Cooker Lamb Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Caribbean Slow Cooker Lamb which belongs to the Pork and Lamb recipe category.
- 2- to 3-pound section (910 g to 1.4 kg) of a leg of lamb
- medium onion, chopped
- teaspoon minced garlic or 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon tamarind concentrate
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) spicy brown mustard
- 1 cup (240 ml) canned diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (preferably Caribbean Scotch Bonnet sauce)
- or more or less to taste Guar or xanthan (optional)
- Salt and pepper
Place the lamb in a slow cooker.
In a bowl, stir together the onion, garlic, tamarind, mustard, tomatoes, and hot pepper sauce.
Pour the mixture over the lamb.
Cover the slow cooker, set it to low, and let it cook for a good 8 hours.
When it's done, remove the lamb to a serving platter, thicken the pot juices with the guar or xanthan if it seems necessary, and add salt and pepper to taste.
Each with 27 g protein, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g dietary fiber, 2 g usable carbs.