Winter Night Lamb Stew Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Winter Night Lamb Stew which belongs to the Pork and Lamb recipe category.
- 1 pounds (680 g) lean lamb stew meat, cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) olive oil
- 1 cup (160 g) chopped onion
- 1 cups (225 g) diced turnip
- 1 cups (225 g) diced rutabaga
- cup (180 ml) beef broth
- teaspoon guar or xanthan (optional)
- teaspoon salt or Vege-Sal
- teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
Put the oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat and brown the lamb in the oil.
Add the onion, turnip, and rutabaga.
Put the beef broth and guar in a blender and blend for a few moments.
Pour the mixture into the skillet.
(If you choose not to use a thickener, just add the broth directly to the skillet.
) Add the salt, pepper, bay leaf, and garlic, and stir.
Cover, turn the heat to low, and let simmer for 1 hour.
Remove the bay leaf before serving.
Each with 12 grams of carbohydrates and 3 grams of fiber, for a total of 9 grams of usable carbs and 38 grams of protein.