Lamb Stew Provencal Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Lamb Stew Provencal which belongs to the Pork and Lamb recipe category.
- 3 pounds (1.4 kg) lamb stew meat?shoulder is good, cubed (Have the meat
- guys cut it off the bone.)
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) olive oil
- 1 whole fennel bulb, sliced lengthwise
- 1 medium onion, sliced lengthwise
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, whole needles
- 1 can (15 ounces, or 425 g) black soybeans, drained
- 1 cup (240 ml) beef broth
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon concentrate
- teaspoon dried basil
- teaspoon dried marjoram
- teaspoon dried savory
- teaspoon dried thyme
- Guar or xanthan
Season the lamb with salt and pepper.
In a big, heavy skillet, heat the oil and brown the lamb on all sides over medium-high heat.
Place the fennel, onion, and garlic in the bottom of a slow cooker.
Add the bay leaf and rosemary.
Dump the soybeans on top of that.
When the lamb is browned, put it on top of the vegetables.
In a bowl, stir together the broth, bouillon, basil, marjoram, savory, and thyme.
Pour the mixture over the lamb.
Cover the slow cooker, set it to low, and let it cook for 8 to 9 hours.
When it's done, thicken the liquid to the texture of heavy cream with guar or xanthan.
Remove the bay leaf before serving.
Each with 41 g protein, 8 g carbohydrate, 4 g dietary fiber, 4 g usable carbs.