Orange-Five-Spice Roasted Chicken Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Orange-Five-Spice Roasted Chicken which belongs to the Poultry recipe category.
- 3 pounds (1.4 kg) chicken thighs
- cup (60 ml) soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) canola or peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (1.5 g) Splenda
- 2 tablespoons (40 g) low-sugar orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons five-spice powder
Place the chicken in a big resealable plastic bag.
Mix together everything else.
Reserve some of the marinade for basting and pour the rest into the bag.
Seal the bag, pressing out the air as you go.
Turn the bag to coat the chicken and throw it in the fridge.
Let it sit for at least a couple of hours, and longer is fine.
Preheat your oven to 375F (190C, or gas mark 5).
Haul the chicken out of the fridge, pour off the marinade, and arrange the chicken in a baking pan.
Roast your chicken for 1 hour and baste 2 or 3 times with the reserved marinade, making sure to use a clean utensil each time you baste to avoid crosscontamination.
5 to 6 servings
Assuming 6, each will have 32 g protein; 3 g carbohydrate; trace dietary fiber; 3 g usable carbs?and that's assuming you end up consuming all of the marinade.