Pizza Chicken Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Pizza Chicken which belongs to the Poultry recipe category.
- 3 chicken quarters, either legs or thighs
- 1 to 2 tablespoons (15 to 30 ml) olive oil
- 1 can (8 ounces, or 225 g) plain tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces, or 115 g) mushrooms, drained
- cup (120 ml) dry red wine
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic, crushed, or 1 to 2 teaspoons jarred chopped
- garlic in oil
- 1 to 1 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 ounces (85 g) shredded mozzarella cheese Parmesan cheese (optional)
Strip the skin off the chicken and cut the leg and thigh quarters in two at the leg joint.
Warm the olive oil in a big, heavy skillet and brown the chicken in it over medium heat.
Pour in the tomato sauce, mushrooms, and wine.
Add the green pepper, onion, garlic, and oregano.
Cover the whole thing, turn the heat to its lowest setting, and forget about it for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
When the chicken is cooked through, remove the pieces from the skillet and put them on the serving plates.
If the sauce isn't good and thick by now, turn up the heat to medium-high and let the sauce boil down for a few minutes.
While the sauce is thickening, sprinkle the shredded mozzarella over the chicken and warm each plate in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds on 50 percent power to melt the cheese.
(Your microwave may take a little more or a little less time.
) Spoon the sauce over each piece of chicken and serve.
Sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese over your Pizza Chicken, if you like.
Each with 16 grams of carbohydrates and 4 grams of fiber, for a total of 12 grams of usable carbs and 49 grams of protein.