Spicy Peanut Chicken Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Spicy Peanut Chicken which belongs to the Poultry recipe category.
- 2 or 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 to 3 tablespoons (30 to 45 ml) olive or peanut oil for sauteing (I
- think peanut is better here.)
- smallish onion, thinly sliced
- 1 can (14 ounces, 410 g) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons (32 g) natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed Fresh jalapeno, cut in half and seeded
On a saucer or plate, stir the cumin and cinnamon together and then rub into both sides of chicken breasts.
Put the oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat and add the chicken and sliced onion.
Brown the chicken a bit on both sides.
While that's happening, put all the liquid and half the tomatoes from the can of tomatoes in a blender or food processor along with the peanut butter, lemon juice, garlic, and jalapeno.
(Wash your hands after handling that hot pepper or you'll be sorry the next time you touch your eyes!) Blend or process until smooth.
Pour this rather thick sauce over the chicken (which you've turned at least once by now, right?), add the rest of the canned tomatoes, cover, turn the heat to low, and let it cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
About 3 servings
Each with 14 grams of carbohydrates and 1 gram of fiber, for a total of 13 grams of usable carbs and 26 grams of protein.