Slow Cooker Chicken Mole Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Mole which belongs to the Poultry recipe category.
- 3 pounds (1.4 kg) skinless chicken thighs
- 1 can (14 ounces, or 411 g) tomatoes with green chiles
- cup (80 g) chopped onion
- cup (30 g) slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons (17 g) unsweetened Cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons (18 g) raisins
- 1 tablespoon (9 g) sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon (1.5 g) Splenda
- teaspoon ground cinnamon
- teaspoon ground nutmeg
- teaspoon ground coriander
- teaspoon salt
- Guar or xanthan
- 2 tablespoons (15 g) slivered almonds, toasted
Put the tomatoes, onion, cup (30 g) almonds, garlic, cocoa powder, raisins, sesame seeds, Splenda, cinnamon, nutmeg, coriander, and salt in a blender or food processor and puree coarsely.
Place the chicken in a slow cooker.
Pour the sauce over it.
Cover the slow cooker, set it to low, and let it cook for 9 to 10 hours.
Remove the chicken from the slow cooker with tongs.
Thicken the sauce to taste with guar or xanthan.
Serve the sauce over the chicken.
Top with the 2 tablespoons (15 g) almonds.
Each with 37 g protein, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g dietary fiber, 6 g usable carbs.