Chicken with Raspberry-Chipotle Sauce Recipe - Low Carb & Healthy
Low carb recipe for Chicken with Raspberry-Chipotle Sauce which belongs to the Poultry recipe category.
- 3 pounds (1.4 kg) chicken
- 6 teaspoons Adobo Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) oil
- 1 cup (110 g) raspberries
- cup (60 ml) raspberry-flavored sugar-free coffee flavoring syrup (I
- used Atkins brand, but Da Vinci would be fine, too.)
- 1 chipotle chile canned in Adobo Sauce
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) white wine vinegar
- cup (16 g) chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
Sprinkle the chicken all over with the adobo seasoning.
In a big, heavy skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat and then brown the chicken all over.
Transfer the chicken to a slow cooker.
In a blender or food processor with the S-blade in place, combine the raspberries, raspberry-flavored coffee syrup, chipotle, and vinegar.
Process until smooth.
Pour the mixture evenly over the chicken.
Cover the slow cooker, set it to low, and let it cook for 6 hours.
Stir the sauce before serving it over the chicken.
Sprinkle a little cilantro over each piece of chicken, if desired.
Each with 35 g protein, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g dietary fiber, 3 g usable carbs.